2nd Annual Ferndale Photo Scavenger Hunt!
click here for a printable version
The goal of this scavenger hunt is to build house spirit, strengthen the bonds between house members of different ages, and work as a team towards a common goal. Official start date is November 20th, end of contest is December 19th. The prize for completion is 50 house points. It is NOT a race, it's a team challenge. If three houses successfully finish, they all get 50 points, if everyone completes it, every house gets fifty points.
Members of your house must get a photograph of the "item" with the house member IN THE PICTURE...AND they must be wearing their house colours, OR have a sign that tells the viewer what house they belong to.
Some items will be easy to find. Some will be in the school, many will be in our community, and some will be tricky. There are many, many, different "right answers". It may take some creative thinking and ingenuity to find all 100 items. If you think you've "found" an item and you're not sure if it qualifies, ask Mr. Ayres or Mr. Mills for an official ruling. (We won't copy your idea, we promise.)
The scoring for points:
All 100 items found: You ROCK. You're super scavengers!! 50 POINTS
76-99 items found: Level four Sleuthing! 30 POINTS
50-75 items found: Great team building. Well done. 20 POINTS
25-49 items found: Not Bad! You'll do better next year. 10 POINTS
1-24 items found: Hmmm... You'd better start practising now for Easter or you'll never find the eggs! 5 POINTS
How it works:
House leaders will have a master list. When a house member emails (or brings) in a photo of the item with them in it, AND in their house colours, OR with a sign promoting their house, it is considered found, and it can be crossed off the list. House leaders are free to create a collage or bulletin board featuring all of the team's accomplishments.
- No Photoshop or similar photo editing software allowed.
- The member must be with the item. No taking a photograph of a photograph!
- The member must either be visible in their HOUSE COLOURS in the pic, OR have a SIGN promoting their house in the picture.
- Be creative and have fun.
- House Leaders may submit photos to a maximum of 10 items to help their team.
- Any individual team member may submit a maximum of 10 items to help their team. It's a group effort! After that, they've got to encourage others to get involved and help them to get the pictures they need.
- It should be noted, that no pictures or images from previous year's scavenger hunts may be submitted for this year's scavenger hunt.
- Some of the best and/or most creative photos will also be submitted to the yearbook committee and may be used for this year's yearbook and on our website. Smile! Click!
- Mrs. Macdonald
- A maple tree
- A pencil sharpener
- A seagull
- A phone booth
- Changing the batteries on a smoke detector
- A flower
- A city of Barrie water tower
- A sandy beach
- A Canadian Flag on a pole
- Any deciduous tree with leaves still on it
- YOU, reading your favorite book in our library
- Any restaurant sign
The "VR"' tower
- An act of recycling
- A city of Barrie population sign
- A foreign licence plate
- A running fountain
- Four members of your house playing basketball
- A game of Four Square
- A soccer net
- A plate of spaghetti and meatballs
- A pirate ship
- A rainbow
- A skyscraper
- A movie poster
- You with two grade 8 pizza helpers and a box of pizza
- A sign with the words FERNDALE on it
- A fire extinguisher
- You and four Kindergarten members of your house "sharing"
- The moon
- A swimming pool
- A Ferndale athlete in their uniform
- A palm tree
- A city of Barrie Rec Centre sign
- A parking meter
- A group of three people standing on their head
- The Spirit Catcher
- You and one of our "nesters" (black-shirted staff) having fun
- A cow
- A school bus
- Five people eating cotton candy
- A fire hydrant
- 12 students creating a triangle around 3 school pylons
- A sleeping cat
- The Barrie City Hall archway
- Roasting marshmallows
- A snowman showing Ferndale pride
- A "commit to character" sign
- A map of Canada
- You and 3 friends playing musical instruments @ Ferndale
- A piece of artwork
- Christmas lights
- A fully set chess board
- An oversized inflatable Christmas decoration
- A group of three or more teachers
- A fortune cookie
- An "If you detect fire" sign at Ferndale
- A French teacher pushing their cart
- A Ferndale Agenda
- A grocery store sign
- A city bus
- A hula hoop
- A basketball net
- 2 snowmen holding hands
- Hugging a tree!
- The letter "Q"
- A "stuffy" displaying Ferndale spirit
- Mrs. Merkley wearing mittens
- A photocopier
- Playground equipment
- Mrs. Hennessey and Mrs. Jordan-Melvin waving
- A completed jigsaw puzzle
- A globe
- You and a house leader in the elevator
- Something repaired with duct tape
- A YoYo in action
- You and one or more housemates playing a board game
- A house made of playing cards
- A street sign
- A Red Canada post mailbox
- A Rodin sculpture
- You, with a Marvel superhero
- At a puppet show
- A birthday cake with candles
- Cowboy boots
- The city-of-Barrie Library
- A live lobster
- The Ferndale House Championship Falcon Artwork
- A happy baby
- Spell "Ferndale Falcons" with aluminum can tabs
- The inside of our gym's equipment room